Crime Stoppers offering rewards for information
Henderson-Vance Crime Stoppers have released their requests for public input to help solve crimes currently under investigation by the Vance County Sheriff’s Office and the Henderson Police Department.
Reward money is available for tips to Crime Stoppers at (252) 492-1925, or online at hvcrimestoppers.com. Crime Stoppers information can pay up to $2,000.
Tips sent to the sheriff’s office can be phoned in to (252) 738-2200.
Tips for police can be made by calling (252) 438-4141 or (252) 431-6063.
• Police are investigating a hit and run with serious injury that happened on Feb. 2 at 1:41 a.m. in the area of Arch and Flint streets. The vehicle involved had left the scene before police arrived.
• Police are also investigating an incident of robbery, which happened Feb. 2 just after 1 a.m. on West Andrews Avenue. The alleged victim told officers three black males, one with a handgun, robbed him at the intersection of West Andrews and Second streets. All suspects were described as wearing dark colors.
• Police are also seeking information for a robbery and assault case that happened on Feb. 1 about 1:40 p.m. at the Aycock Recreation Complex. The victim, 14, was reportedly assaulted by three black males behind the complex.
• Sheriff’s deputies are investigating a larceny case from Jan. 11 at Toyota of Henderson, located at 200 Toyota Lane. All four tires and rims were taken from a 2014 Camry.
• Deputies are also probing a Jan. 24 larceny at Toyota of Henderson. Tires and rims were taken from two vehicles, a 2014 Toyota Venza XLE and a 2014 Toyota Venza LE.