Tri-County graduations dates set
Speakers are lining up, and graduation dates have been set in the Tri-County.
U.S. Rep. G.K. Butterfield, a Democrat from Wilson representing District 1, will be the guest speaker Friday, May 16, at commencement exercises for Vance-Granville Community College. More than 440 students are expected to receive degrees and diplomas from curriculum programs in the 6 p.m. ceremony.
Thursday, state Rep. Bobbie Richardson, who represents District 7, will be the guest speaker for Vance-Granville’s Adult Basic Skills graduation. The event begins at 6 p.m. in the civic center on the main campus.
Vance County’s public high schools will graduate the weekend of Father’s Day.
On Friday, June 13, Western Vance graduates at 7 p.m. in an outdoor ceremony on the front lawn, weather permitting. On Saturday, June 14, Southern Vance will hold graduation at 8 a.m., and Northern Vance will follow at 11 a.m. at their respective campuses.
• Crossroads Christian School, Saturday, May 17, 10:30 a.m.
• Granville County Early College High School, Thursday, May 22, 7 p.m., civic center at Vance-Granville.
• Vance County Early College High School, Friday, May 23, 6 p.m., civic center at Vance-Granville.
• Warren County Early College High School, Friday, May 23, 6 p.m., Warren County High School gym.
• Victory Christian School, Friday, May 23, 7:30 p.m.
• Kerr-Vance Academy, Saturday, May 31, 10 a.m.
• Warren County New Tech High School, Saturday, June 14, 9:30 a.m.
• Warren County High School, Saturday, June 14, 3 p.m.
• J.F. Webb High School and J.F. Webb School of Life Sciences, Saturday, June 14, 7 p.m.