Early voting period will end on Saturday
Time is quickly running out for the early voting period in municipal elections.
The last day is Saturday in both Granville and Warren counties. Vance County’s elections in Kittrell and Middleburg do not include early voting.
Early voting sites are open in Granville County at Thornton Library in Oxford and at the Creedmoor City Hall. Voters from any municipality in Granville County can go to either location to cast votes early.
In Granville County, voters for Warrenton and Norlina can cast ballots at the John Graham Annex Building at 309 North Main Street in Warrenton. Macon does not have early voting.
Today and Friday in both Granville and Warren counties, the sites are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will not be closed for lunch. On Saturday, the sites have identical hours of 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Election Day is Tuesday. Polls in Vance, Granville and Warren counties are each open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• In Kittrell, the ballot includes incumbent Jerry Jones for mayor, and commissioner hopefuls Susan Pulley, Betsy Simpson and Jason Green. Pulley and Simpson are incumbents. Voters are picking a mayor and three commissioners.
• In Middleburg, the ballot includes incumbent Ray Bullock and Dean Dickerson in the mayor’s race; and a commissioners’ race with incumbents Annie Fudge, Ruth Nance and Gary Plummer joined by challenger Dusty Herring. One mayor and three commissioners will be selected.
• In Oxford, mayoral candidates include incumbent Jackie Sergent, former N.C. Rep. Jim Crawford Jr. and Howard Herring Sr. The commissioners’ race includes incumbents Ron Bullock, Danny Currin and C.J. Harris, and challengers Patricia Fields, former judge Quon Bridges, Eddie Dalton and Eddie McCoy. Voters are picking a mayor and four commissioners.
• In Stovall, incumbent mayor Jane Parrott and incumbent commissioners Marshall Roberts and Tim Davidson filed. All are running unopposed.
• In Warrenton, incumbent Walter Gardner Jr. is challenged by Tim Ennis, the chamber director, in the race for mayor. The chase for three commissioner seats includes incumbents Kimberly Harding and Mary Hunter, and challengers Robert Schuerch, Deborah Speer, Selena Mooring, E.T. Malone Jr., Tom Hardy and Jana Miller.
• In Norlina, incumbent Dwight Pearce is challenged by Ricky Davis for mayor. The race for five commissioner seats includes incumbents Lou Stultz, Scooter Edwards, Bill Harris, Jimmy Overby and Sonny Peoples, along with challengers Hector Wayne Aycock and Dorsey Capps.
• In Macon, Robert Evans is seeking re-election as mayor, and the race for five commissioner seats includes incumbents Wanda Thompson, David Harris, Benny Hilliard and Glenn Riggan, and challenger Joanne Reese.