Shipping dates fast approaching
Christmas is approaching, and with it many deadlines — including for those shipping packages.
Whether it’s the manufacturers shipping to customers, family shipping to family, or many other reasons, a myriad of ways to get packages exists.
The U.S. Postal Service, long a favorite option, encourages beating the rush and mailing early. In a prepared statement, the postal service said it was expecting to move 365 million packages — 20 percent more than a year ago.
Monday, Dec. 17, is forecast as the busiest day for USPS. The post office expects to move 655 million pieces of mail that day.
Users of the mail system are encouraged to use all capital letters on addresses, include “to” and “from” information and be sure of zip codes.
The postal service has issued the following mail-by dates for packages:
• Dec. 10: Priority mail military.
• Dec. 11: Express mail international.
• Dec. 14: Parcel post.
• Dec. 17: Global express guaranteed.
• Dec. 20: First-class mail.
• Dec. 21: Priority mail.
• Dec. 22: Express mail.
According to the United Parcel Service website:
• Dec. 20: UPS Next Day Air packages picked up will arrive Friday, Dec. 21. UPS Second Day Air packages picked up will arrive on Monday, Dec. 24.
• Dec. 21: UPS Next Day Air packages picked up will arrive Monday, Dec. 24. UPS Second Day Air packages picked up will arrive Wednesday, Dec. 26.
• Dec. 22: Packages processed and labeled for Saturday delivery will be delivered by UPS Worldwide Express, UPS Next Day Air and UPS Second Day Air.
According to the Federal Express website, the following are ship-by dates for Christmas:
• Dec. 12: FedEx SmartPost (not guaranteed).
• Dec. 17: FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery.
• Dec. 19: FedEx Express Saver.
• Dec. 20: FedEx 2Day and FedEx 2Day A.M.
• Dec. 22: FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight and FedEx First Overnight.
• Dec. 25: FedEx SameDay.
Contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.