Construction contracts under consideration in Granville County
OXFORD — Two construction contracts are on the agenda for consideration by the Granville County Board of Commissioners on Monday evening.
The meeting, open to the public, will be held at 7 p.m. at the Granville County Expo and Convention Center.
The proposed contracts would be awarded for renovations to the district courtroom and professional services to monitor the construction of the Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality asphalt greenway trail.
The commissioners will look at two issues related to the development of solar farms in the county. A contract with HelioSage to lease 50 acres for a solar farm had been approved earlier. Adjustment of the terms and cost of the lease are proposed because the property needs to be cleaned up for use by HelioSage.
The board will consider giving final approval to a special use permit to Cornwall Solar Center for a solar farm on Landfill Road. The special use permit had been approved in an earlier meeting of the board on the condition the company submit a landscaping plan for the property.
Six students, participants in the county’s Civic Leadership summer program, will be introduced at the meeting.
The board is also expected to:
• receive an update on CenturyLink’s 2013 high-speed data expansion plans.
• consider a resolution expressing appreciation to Bert Glover for his military service during World War II and subsequent service to the community and state.
• consider the 2013-2014 funding plan for the Home and Community Care Block Grant for Older Adults. The grant would total $389,894 and require a local match of $43,321.
• consider approving compliance documents for the Community Development Block Grant.
• hold a public hearing on an application for a special permit by American Towers to build a monopole cell tower off of Beaver Dam Road on property owned by Gary D. Roberts.
• make appointments to several boards and committees.
• designate a voting delegate and alternate to the annual conference of the North Carolina Association of County Commissioners.
• hold a closed session to consider property acquisition and personnel matters.
Contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.