Granville commissioners holding four public hearings Monday
Granville County commissioners will hold four public hearings Monday evening.
Comments will be accepted on:
• Rezoning of a site at 6511 U.S. 15 North from agricultural residential to neighborhood business.
• A land development ordinance amendment related to flood insurance rate maps.
• The floodplain zoning overlay map amendment.
• A special use permit requested by Granville County Livestock Arena, LLC, in order to operate a cattle merchants wholesale business at 4200 Cannady Mill Road.
In other business, the board will consider awarding a contract to Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments to administer the 2012 Community Development Block Grant Scattered Site Housing Grant.
Lisa Harrison, director of the Granville-Vance District Health Department, will present the 2012 State of the County Health Report and provide an update on department activities.
County Manager Brian Alligood will report on:
• The proposed lease with the town of Stovall to provide for the operation of the Senior Center in a town-owned facility.
• A proposed agreement with CityScape Consulting Services to provide expertise in placement, construction and modification of personal wireless facilities.
• The transfer of fuel trailers purchased by Granville County under a Homeland Security grant to Orange and Nash counties, as per agreement.
The board will consider several items related to fees and operating hours for the county’s landfills.
The commissioners will also consider:
• Bids for interior renovation and site work modifications of the 120 Orange Street building.
• A request by the Department of Social Services to purchase 12 computers.
• Replacing the carpet in the county manager’s office.
• An extension of the contract with Tax Reduction Specialists to audit sales and use tax returns.
• A request to transfer utility easements for the Tar River Elementary School to the South Granville Water and Sewer Authority.
• A request for an easement related to South Granville Medical Center property.
The commissioners will make appointments and reappointments to the Board of Trustees of the Granville County Library System, Veterans Affairs Committee, the ABC Board, South Granville Memorial Gardens Board of Trustees, Citizens Advisory Committee for Environmental Affairs and the Planning Board.
Contact the writer at email@example.com.