An adult home in Henderson was forced to close Monday night at the direction of the state Department of Health and Human Services as a result of multiple safety violations.
Granville County residents will have a chance on Monday evening to express their views on a moratorium on solar farms.
The Granville County Board of Commissioners has scheduled a public hearing to be held during their regular meeting, which will begin at 7 p.m. in the Granville County Expo and Convention Center, 4185 U.S. 15 South.
Felony charges against a former county employee were dismissed in Vance County District Court on Thursday morning.
The following are the winners of the 2014 Four County 4-H Poultry Show and Sale.
• First place: Andrew Clark, Franklin County
• Second place: Abby Holsomback, Granville County
• Third place: Korey Pearson, Franklin County
• First place: Joey Moore, Franklin County
• Second place: Amber Harvey, Granville County
• Grand: Ian Short, Granville County
• Reserve: Joey Moore, Franklin County
• Third: Ian Nemitz, Franklin County
Buff Orpington breed
• Grand: Sydney Fryman, Granville County
• Reserve: Korey Pearson, Franklin County
• Third: Emily Clark, Franklin County
Families and friends of Vance County Schools employees gathered at the Vance-Granville Community College Civic Center on Thursday to honor this year’s top educators.
Election results in the Tri-County have finally been made official.
Parents, students, educators and elected officials had a conversation Thursday night about the best ways for the community to assist at-risk students or students with special needs and their families.
Arrests and incidents in Henderson and Vance County.
Northern Vance High School teacher Dan Whittacre told board of education members Wednesday he will resign as a Vance County Schools educator unless significant changes are made at his school.
During the board’s monthly meeting, about 100 parents, students, teachers and community members attended, pleading for change in the administration at the local high school.
One of the men charged with first-degree murder in the 2012 shooting death of 32-year-old Alfred Henderson accepted a plea offer Monday.