Ward 3 meeting report on agenda
City council members for Henderson will be presented a report from Ward 3 representatives Brenda Peace-Jenkins and Garry Daeke at Monday’s meeting.
The council is scheduled to meet at 6 in City Hall chambers. The meeting is open to the public and includes a public comment period for those who sign up before the meeting.
A listening post meeting was held this past week at Shiloh Baptist Church in the Flint Hill community. Flint Hill residents have previously voiced concerns about how grants would be used, in particular those being used for more downtown work in lieu of their neighborhood.
Among the other reports presented are those by the mayor, city manager and city attorney.
Five resolutions are on the agenda, including:
• Receiving the comprehensive annual financial report for fiscal year ending June 30, 2012.
• Appointments to the Henderson-Vance Economic Development Commission and the Henderson Recreation and Parks Commission.
• Agreement setting forth roles, responsibilities and expectations for the mayor, city council and city manager.
• Authorizing the execution of the memorandum of agreement between the N.C. Sediment Control Commission and local government.
• And opposing legislation providing for the forced taking of municipal water systems.
Contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.