Vance County Relay For Life
Once again, the Vance County Relay for Life will conduct a canned food drive. Donations may be dropped off at Nationwide Insurance, 191 Ruin Creek Road, Henderson. After they are used for the Relay event (June 14-15), all cans will be donated to Area Christians Together in Service.
All Relay teams will be selling luminarias this year through May 17. Names collected will be printed in booklets which will be available at the Relay event.
These teams will be selling T-shirts and/or bracelets: Kian’s Fight, Addie’s Fight, Stephanie’s Fight, Michelle’s Mission and Daily Dispatch.
Contact Heidi Garland at (252) 432-1813 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or search relayforlife.org/vance for more information on all events, including the following:
• Today — Organizers will be hanging up Downtown Relay for Life banners.
• Saturday — 7 a.m.-noon, Relay for Life annual yard sale at Victory Christian School, 475 J.P. Taylor Road, Henderson
• May 7 — Addie’s Fight Fundraiser at Pizza Inn (contact any member or visit website for flyer)
• May 9 — 7 p.m., Optimum Team’s Thirty-One Party at Philips Optimum, 880 Facet Road, Henderson; call (229) 894-1759 for more information
• May 18 — 10 a.m.-noon, Rock Spring Baptist Walkers, Specialty ‘Homemade’ Sale & Raffle for $200 gas card, Townsville Fire Dept., 12729 N.C. 39 N., Henderson
• June 7 — Cancer Survivor Dinner - anyone who has not received a registration form should contact Hope Breedlove at (252) 436-1605.