New Year signals new opportunities at Vance-Granville Community College
Opportunities for personal enrichment abound at Vance-Granville Community College with classes on the main campus in Vance County.
• “Beginning Spanish” — José Martínez (instructor); Mondays/Wednesdays, 6-9 p.m., Feb. 4-March 27; $85 — Students will cover the basics (such as common phrases and grammatical cues) for building a foundation for understanding and speaking the language.
• Crochet — Jennifer Campbell (instructor); Thursdays, 6-8 p.m., Feb. 7-Feb. 28; $25 — Learning basic techniques, students will complete a crochet project.
• “Jewelry: Wire-Wrapped Rings” — Tracey Dorge (instructor); Feb. 12 (one-day class), 10 a.m.-noon; $15 — Students are required to bring their own needle-nose pliers (all other supplies will be available.) Students will design their own wire-wrapped ring and learn to use various materials to make other wire wrap jewelry.
• Basic Feltmaking “Make & Take” — Margaret Hilpert (instructor); Feb. 7 (or March 7); 9 a.m.-noon or 6-9 p.m.; $27 — Students will learn the basics of felting and will work on a piece of felt art.
• “Embellishing Your Handmade Felt” — Margaret Hilpert (instructor); Feb. 28; 9 a.m.-noon or 6-9 p.m.; $27 — Students will use various techniques for enhancing a piece of felt. Anyone taking the previous class (Feb. 7) may bring their felt piece with them to this class and embellish it.
For more information or to register, contact Theresa Somerville at (252) 738-3427 or SomervilleT@vgcc.edu.