Golden LEAF scholarship applications due March 1
Applications for Golden LEAF Scholarships (for the 2013-2014 academic year) must be turned in by March 1. Those interested should visit CFNC.org/goldenleaf to find applications, as well as information.
For the upcoming acadmic year, 215 awards, each totalling $12,000 ($3,000 each year up to a maximum of four years), will be award to first-time recipients who will be attending a qualifying in-state campus.
In order to be considered, applicants must first:
• be currently enrolled at an in-state public or private high school, or in-state community college for the 2012-2013 school year;
• enroll at any of the 57 public universities or private in-state institutions that qualify under the Golden LEAF program as a full-time freshman seeking a degree or a as a transfer student from an in-state community college;
• be established as a permanent resident of North Carolina (in one of 78 rural counties that qualify) for the purposes of tuition; and
• demonstrate a need for financial aid.
Once these pre-requisites are met, candidates must submit:
• a scholarship application (visit the website above);
• a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (by searching fafsa.gov); and
• a current high school/community college transcript
A grant from the Golden LEAF Foundation funds these awards. Call the College Foundation of North Carolina toll-free at 866-866-CFNC for more information.