Cooper’s Landing Inn to serve Saturday ‘Brunch with Santa’
The eighth annual Brunch with Santa at Cooper’s Landing Inn & Traveler’s Tavern, 801 Virginia Ave., Clarksville, Va., is set for Saturday.
Cooper’s Landing asks each child attending to bring a toy to donate for local families in need. After the brunch, the inn will match the number of collected toys, which will be given to Mecklenburg Social Services.
For $15, attendees will get a meal and a picture of each child with Santa (who will be on hand) in a holiday memory folder.
A reservation is required: call (434) 374-2866 to make one. Seating is available from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Egg Nog French Toast — Dusted with powdered sugar and served with maple syrup.
• Holiday Pancakes ... Santa’s Favorite — Peppermint pancakes topped with honey nutmeg butter and ground peppermint. Served with maple syrup.
• Eggs Benedict — English muffins topped with poached eggs, Canadian bacon, and hollandaise sauce. Served with rosemary roasted new potatoes.
• Coop’s Crabcake — Chesapeake Bay-style crabcake served with a mixed field greens salad.
• Pigs in a Blanket — Served with rosemary roasted potatoes and fried apples.
• Soup and Salad — Roasted Red Pepper and Crab Bisque served with a mixed field greens salad or house salad with your choice of dressing.
• Praline Chicken — Chicken breast in a maple cinnamon glaze with candied pecans. served with rosemary roasted new potatoes and fried apples