Vance County Relay For Life
The Vance County Relay for Life is currently conducting a canned food drive. Donations may be dropped off at Nationwide Insurance, 191 Ruin Creek Road, Henderson. Once used for the Relay event (June 14-15), all cans will be donated to Area Christians Together in Service.
All Relay teams will be selling luminarias this year. Anyone purchasing them by May 17 can submit names to be printed in booklets which will be available at the Relay event.
The following teams will be selling T-shirts and/or bracelets: Kian’s Fight, Addie’s Fight, Stephanie’s Fight, Michelle’s Mission and Daily Dispatch.
Contact Heidi Garland at (252) 432-1813 or email to email@example.com; or search relayforlife.org/vance for more information on all events, including the following:
• Tuesday — Addie’s Fight Fundraiser at Pizza Inn (contact any member or visit website for flyer)
• Thursday — 7 p.m., Optimum Team’s Thirty-One Party at Philips Optimum, 880 Facet Road, Henderson; call (229) 894-1759 for more information
• May 18 — 10 a.m.-noon, Rock Spring Baptist Walkers, Specialty ‘Homemade’ Sale & Raffle for $200 gas card, Townsville Fire Dept., 12729 N.C. 39 N., Henderson
• May 26 — 3 p.m., Relay Musical, Dickie’s Grove Baptist Church
• May 28 — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., barbecue plate sale, Vance County Farm Bureau
• June 7 — Cancer Survivor Dinner - to receive a registration form, contact Hope Breedlove at (252) 436-1605.