Vance-Warren County Farm Service Agency: Area producers needed for upcoming committee nominations
From June 17-Aug. 1, local farmers and ranchers may submit nominations for Vance-Warren County Farm Service Agency county committee seats.
Requirements for candidacy include:
• participation/cooperation in a farm service agency program;
• eligibility to vote in a county committee election; and
• residence within the local administrative area where the candidate will serve.
All of the following may submit nominations:
• farmers/producers nominating themselves;
• farmers/producers nominating another farmer/producer; and
• organizations representing minorities and women.
The nomination form, FSA-669A, along with other information concerning the elections may be obtained at fsa.usda.gov/elections. Forms must be postmarked or dropped off at the Vance-Warren County U.S. Department of Agriculture Service Center by the close of business Aug. 1.
Committees range from 3-11 members serving three-year terms. They have authority to vote on matters concerning disater and conservation programs, emergency programs, commodity price support loan programs and other agricultural issues.
The elections themselves will not take place until this fall. Ballots will be mailed out to eligible voters, starting Nov. 4, and are due back by mail or at the office by Dec. 2. New members and alternates will begin their terms Jan. 1, 2014.