Event addresses preparations for deaths in the family
On Saturday, anyone interested in learning more about what to do in the event of a death in the family should visit the Afton-Elberon Fire Dept., 2351 U.S. 401 S., Warrenton. A free information session will take place there from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
Several professionals will be on hand to answer any questions:
• An attorney — After a brief presentation, the attorney can assist attendees with wills, living wills, healthcare power of attorney, and other advanced directives;
• A hospice coordinator, who will give a description of a typical hospice and answer questions about the services it can provide;
• A funeral home director, to determine how best to aid one’s family in the midst of their grief;
• A doctor, to answer questions concerning hospital policies and procedures, patient care and anything a terminal patient would need to know.
• A notary, to make sure that advanced directives become official.
Providence and Shocco United Methodist churches are sponsoring this event.