Vance County Relay For Life
This year, there will once again be a canned food drive conducted by Vance County Relay for Life. Donations may be dropped off at Nationwide Insurance, 191 Ruin Creek Road, Henderson All cans will be donated to Area Christians Together in Service after they are used for the Relay event (June 14-15).
Most of the teams are also selling T-shirts, bracelets and raffle tickets.
Nunnery-Freeman Barbecue will donate proceeds from all homemade desserts sold between now and the relay event.
Contact Heidi Garland at (252) 432-1813 or email to email@example.com; or search relayforlife.org/vance for more information on all events, including the following:
• Tuesday — 7 p.m., Facebook Friends, BINGO, B1 at Crossroads - cash prizes
• May 26 — 3 p.m., Relay Musical at Dickie’s Grove Baptist Church
• May 31 — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., barbecue plate sale, Vance County Farm Bureau, delivery available for 8 orders or more; 11 a.m. until, fish plate sale at Spring St. Missionary Baptist Church; Angels Among Us Golf Tournament
• June 1 — 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Heart of Hope for Pam at Beach Island Beauty & Tanning Salon (proceeds go toward Relay)
• June 2 — 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Kerr Lake Annual Triathlon at Bullocksville Park
• June 7 — Cancer Survivor Dinner - to receive a registration form, contact Hope Breedlove at (252) 436-1605.