Meredith Renee Haithcock weds Kyle Thomas Fordham
Meredith Renee Haithcock and Kyle Thomas Fordham of Winterville were united in marriage Nov. 17, 2012, at 5:30 p.m., at Yankee Hall Plantation in Greenville. The Rev. Ken Cash officiated the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Ms. Wanda Dianne Peoples and Mr. Johnnie Wilker Haithcock of Henderson. She is the granddaughter of Sam and Ellen Peoples of Henderson and the late Norman Haithcock Sr. and Lillian Haithcock of Warrenton. She is a 2008 graduate of East Carolina University with a bachelor of science degree in elementary education. She is a Kindergarden teacher at Eastern Elementary in Greenville.
The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Wendell Allen Fordham of Selma. He is the grandson of Elizabeth Williams and the late Mr. Williams of Mt. Olive and Carolyn Fordham and the late Mr. Sam Fordham of Milledgeville, Ga. He is a 2009 graduate of East Carolina University with a bachelor of science degree in construction management. He is a project manager with Lithko Contractors in Garner.
The bride was escorted by her father and given in marriage by her family. She wore a strapless sweetheart pick-up ballgown, with a bridal elbow length veil. She carried a cascading bouquet of white roses, lilies and hydrangeas.
Matrons of honor were Kristen Harris Boyd of Warrenton, sister of the bride, and Ashley Walker Rodgers of Sherwood, Ark., best friend of the bride. The bridesmaids were Jami Rebecca Dickerson of Greenville, Emily Mouser Wilkinson of Smithfield, Millie Burnette Wilson of Wilsons Mills, all friends of the bride. The junior bridesmaid was Casey Louis Jackson of Mt. Olive, cousin of the groom. Flower girls were Anderson Blake Boyd of Warrenton, niece of the bride, and Hannah Kate Fordham, daughter of the bride and groom.
The best man was Wendell Allen Fordham, father of the groom. The groomsmen were Byron Joseph Murphy of Winterville, Travis Matthew Roberts of Wilsons Mills, Woody Nicholas Wilkinson of Smithfield and Harry Nelson Wilson III of Wilsons Mills, all best friends of the groom. The junior groomsman was Samuel Rux Boyd of Warrenton, nephew of the bride.
Ringbearers were Austin Chase Haithcock of Oxford and Jackson Nicholas Harris of Gladstone, Va., both nephews of the bride.
The reader for the ceremony was Jami Rebecca Dickerson.
Program and the guest registry attendants were Mrs. Victoria Miller of Grifton and Miss Stephanie Worthington of Greenville.
The wedding and reception director was Mrs. Barbara Ward. A program of wedding music was provided by Mr. Tony Ward.
Following the ceremony, the reception was hosted by the parents of the bride in the Yankee Hall Plantation Ballroom. Entertainment for the evening was The Main Event Band from Greenville.
After a honeymoon trip to St. Thomas, the couple now resides in Winterville.
• The rehearsal dinner was hosted by the parents of the groom at City Hotel and Bistro in Greenville.
• A bridesmaids brunch was hosted by Beth Walker and Ashley Rodgers in Greenville.
• A bachelorette party weekend was hosted by friends of the bride at Topsail Island.
• A bachelor party weekend was hosted by friends of the groom at Myrtle Beach.
• A bridal shower was hosted by Paula Fisher, Lyn Wilson, Peggy Clark, J.J. Daniel, Jackie Hanford, Ellen Peoples, Wanda Peoples, Ruth Deal and Susan Jo Pegram in the fellowship hall at Carey Baptist Church.
• A bridal shower was hosted by coworkers of the bride at Eastern Elementary in Greenville.
• A cocktail party hosted by friends of the couple in Smithfield.
• A dinner was hosted by friends of the groom’s parents in Smithfield.
• A seafood dinner hosted by Johnnie and Teresa Haithcock, and Chad and Beth Haithcock in Henderson.