Cameron Leigh Lloyd exchanges vows with Joseph Daryl Cremeens
Cameron Leigh Lloyd and Joseph Daryl Cremeens, both of Alexandria, Va., were united in marriage in a ceremony officiated by Dr. Paul A. Baxley of Athens, Ga., on May 18, 2013, at 5 p.m., at First Baptist Church in Henderson.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Byrd Lloyd of Henderson. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. William David Cox Jr. and the late Mr. and Mrs. Hamlin Lee Lloyd of Henderson. She has a bachelor’s degree in exercise science from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington and a master’s degree in public health from East Carolina University. She is currently employed as a research analyst with America’s Health Insurance Plans.
The groom is the son of Ms. Lila Cremeens of Wimauma, Fla., and the late Joe Cremeens of Ft. Myers, Fla. He is the grandson of Mr. Joseph Dietrich Cremeens and the late June Cremeens of Jacksonville, Fla. He has a bachelor’s degree in criminology from Florida State University and is currently employed as an analyst with BAE Systems.
The bride was escorted by her father and was given in marriage by her parents. She wore a white, fitted sheath gown with a sweetheart neckline and a pleated bridal satin bodice. The dress featured horizontal scalloped beaded Alençon lace over bridal satin, ending in a detachable sweep train. Scalloped lace accented the neckline and hem. Her headpiece was a finger tip veil with crystal embellishments. She carried a handtied bouquet of blue hydrangeas, white calla lilies and white roses. The bride carried a handkerchief made from her maternal grandmother’s wedding gown, which was also worn by the bride’s mother and aunt on their wedding days. Attached to her bouquet was her paternal grandmother’s wedding ring. She wore a sapphire necklace, bracelet and earrings belonging to her mother.
The matron of honor was Katherine Hughes Pickler of Charlotte. The bridesmaids were Christie Lynn Cremeens of Riverview, Fla., and Dr. Jennifer Leigh Cremeens of Greenville, both sisters of the groom, Sarah Caroline Hinton of Nashville, Emily Brooke Owen of Henderson, Jennifer Lynn Fogarty of Virginia Beach, Va., and London Hodge Turner of Durham.
The best man was Mark Christopher White of Brea, Calif. The groomsmen were Robert Morrison Lloyd, brother of the bride of Greenville, James Roy Cave of Mission Viejo, Calif., Joseph Timothy McGill of Leesburg, Va., and Todd Frederic Ziegler of Dover, Fla.
A program of wedding music was presented by Mr. Mark L. Hopper, organist, and Mrs. Beth Brafford Mooring, handbell soloist. The wedding director was Mrs. LouAnn Parham Bender. Miss Heather Ruth Hodge served as register attendant and Miss Kathleen Elizabeth Carswell served as program attendant.
Following the ceremony, the reception was hosted by the bride’s parents at Henderson Country Club. Guests were greeted by Mr. and Mrs. David Wyche Parham and Mr. and Mrs. David G.Trujillo. After a honeymoon trip to the Dominican Republic, the couple now resides in Alexandria, Va.
• An after-rehearsal party was held at the Henderson Country Club Pool by Johnny and Donna Bobbitt, Phillip and Jean Burnette, Rusty and Cindy Crocker, Mike and Rosemarie Franklin, Lisa Hester, Lee Hight and Dan and Mary Susan Williams.
• The rehearsal dinner was held at the Henderson Country Club and was given by Jennifer, Lila and Christie Cremeens.
• A bridesmaids luncheon was held at the home of Cathy Carver, aunt of the bride. The co-hostesses were Jane Fleming, Carolyn Swanson and Dee Tippett.
• A bachelorette weekend was held in New York City by the friends of the bride.
• A bachelor weekend was held in Charlotte by the groom’s friends.
• A cocktail party was held at the home of David and Teresa Parham. Co-hosts and hostesses were Mark and Judy Edwards, David and Hollie Powell, Mike and Lisa Rotolo, David and Becky Thomas, David and Elaine Trujillo, Mike and Donna Vann, and David and Stephanie Vick.
• A cookout was given at the home of Dennis and Pat Hodge and was co-hosted by Beth and Jody Mooring, Bryan and London Turner, and Heather Ruth Hodge.
• A miscellaneous shower given by Diane Dennis, Beth Flye, Billie Frazier, Pat Frazier, Beth Hubbard, Dana Jenkins and Sharon Stark was held in the parlor of the First Baptist Church.
• A family dinner was held at The House of Ribeyes in Oxford and was hosted by the bride’s relatives.