Kimberly Ann Church and Matthew Weathers Steed wed
Kimberly Ann Church of Goldsboro and Matthew Weathers Steed of Goldsboro exchanged vows in a double-ring ceremony April 27, 2013, at 5 p.m., at First United Methodist Church with the Rev. Charles M. Cook and the Rev. John M. Check officiating.
The bride is the daughter of Thomas Walter and Judy Beckner Church of Henderson; and the granddaughter of the late Norman Luther and Margaret Smith Church of Salisbury and the late Eldridge Reather Beckner and Frances Muse Beckner of Hopewell, Va.
The bride is a graduate of Northern Vance High School in Henderson. She earned a bachelor of science degree and a master of arts in education degree from East Carolina University. She is employed as a Kindergarten teacher with Pitt County Schools.
The groom is the son of Carl Lee Steed III and Holly Weathers Steed of Goldsboro; and the grandson of the late Carl Lee Steed Jr. and Sarah Strickland Steed and the late Charles St. George and Joyce Walters Weathers, all of Goldsboro.
The groom is a graduate of Wayne Country Day School in Goldsboro. He earned a bachelor of science degree in business finance from East Carolina University. He is employed as a banking officer at The Little Bank.
The bride was escorted by her father and given in marriage by her parents.
Kristie Jane Duncan of Greenville was maid of honor.
Bridesmaids were Lindsey Tuck Brown of Oxford; Crystal Partin Church of Henderson; Jenna Kay Forrest of Dudley; Meredith Miller Goose of Glen Allen, Va.; Anna Paige Mowbray of Goldsboro; Caroline Pierce Norris of Huntersville; Courtney Norman Steed of Greenville; and LeeAnna Strickland Williams of Smithfield.
The groom’s father, Carl Lee Steed III of Goldsboro, served as best man.
Groomsmen were John Willis Bridgers, Gaston McKee Lewis, Samuel Wesley Steed and Maxwell Jeffreys Weaver, all of Goldsboro; Michael Norman Church of Henderson; Timothy Kivett Franklin Jr. of Raleigh; and Daniel Ray Holmes and Hunter Lee Steed, both of Greenville.
Junior groomsmen were Gaston McKee Lewis Jr. of Goldsboro and Benjamin Allen Parrott Jr. of Greenville.
Trinity Alexis Overby of Henderson and Dorsey Elizabeth Parrott of Greenville were junior bridesmaids.
Ushers were Grayson Adams Parker and Graham John Wooten, both of Goldsboro; and Ronald Gray Sloan of Garner.
Beckner Evan Church of Henderson and Robert Wesley Steed of Greenville were ring bearers. Walker Wiley Steed of Goldsboro served as honorary ring bearer.
Glenda Cook directed the wedding. Presiding at the register was Laurie Elizabeth Edwards. Lucie Katherine Edwards distributed programs.
Bailey Shelton and Lexi Simmons were the acolytes for the wedding ceremony.
Christina Burns was the vocalist. Betty Romani played the organ and Dr. Larry Webb played the trumpet.
A reception was held immediately following the ceremony at the home of the bride’s parents. Greeters at the reception were James and Cindy Edwards, Morgan Lloyd, Tommy and JoEllen Nowell, and Buddy and Pam Parker.
After a wedding trip to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, the couple resides in Goldsboro.
• A rehearsal dinner and dance was hosted by the groom’s parents on Friday, April 26, 2013, at the Henderson Country Club.
• A Girls Night Out Shower was held in Goldsboro on April 12, 2013, by friends and family of the groom.
• A bachelorette weekend and lingerie shower was held March 21-24, 2013, in Charleston, S.C., by friends of the bride.
• A bachelor weekend was held on March 21-24, 2013, in Myrtle Beach, S.C., by friends of the groom.
• A recipe shower was held at First United Methodist Church in Henderson on March 10, 2013, by friends of the bride.
• A monogram shower was held in Raleigh on March 2, 2013, by Meredith Goose, Caroline Norris and LeeAnna Williams.
• A Christmas bridal shower was held Dec. 2, 2012, in Oxford, at the home of Lindsey Brown by her and Deborah Tuck.
• An engagement party was held Nov. 24, 2012, at Maxwell Fun Farm in Goldsboro by friends and family of the groom.